Varanasi is known as the spiritual city of India. International Tourists visiting India must have a look at the top activities to do in Varanasi. The city has a lot more to offer than just ancient temples and artefacts. In fact, these top activities to do in Varanasi are not only limited to international tourists but to any traveller visiting Varanasi.
Here is a list of all the activities I recommend you to do in Varanasi:
- Sunrise/Sunset Boating at the Ghats
- Dip in the ghats: People believe every ghat in Varanasi has a special power. Taking a dip cleanses your body/soul/aura. Plus it’s very refreshing and worth an experience.
- Ganga Arti at Dashashwamedh Ghat
- Shopping in the galis of Banaras: Narrow shopping alleys around temples sell hand made traditional stuff. I recommend buying the famous Banarasi silk and herbal tea.
- Aryuvedic Massage
- Yoga and Meditation: Book a class or meditate by yourself near the ghats
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND: WHILE DOING THE TOP ACTIVITIES IN VARANASI
- Negotiate every service you buy
- Visit the Evening Ganga Arti
- Take a dip in the Ghats
- Enjoy street food and Bhang Lassi
- Take a hand-crafted souvenir
- Buy weed from local vendors. It’s mixed with chemicals and is bad for health.
- Leave your belongings unmonitored
- Carry any expensive items to any temple you visit. It’s extremely crowded and there’s a certainty for theft
Read my next blog to know about the Top Treats for Foodies in Varanasi